Friday, November 7, 2008

Sleep

I don't have the energy to write a cute and witty post today, sorry.
Emma is turning out to be the world's worst sleeper ad I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out a solution. It's gotten so bad that I'm considering paying someone to come in and *teach* her how to sleep. Blech. Why did no one ever tell me that this would be the hardest part, so far, of parenting? Why can't I just have one of those babies that just sleeps through the night all by themselves and doesn't need any help? I am so ready to throw in the towel in this whole game and admit defeat. How long can I function with so little sleep? So far I'm going on almost 8 months....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is the sleep answer. Every baby I know who has tried it has found it works. Mommy and Daddy put in earplugs, have white noise, shut the door and let her cry it out. She is big enough now she will be fine but you won't. It is the hardest and smartest thing you will ever do. Eli set the record of going on for 2 hours. I foolishly thought something was "really" wrong and checked on him only to have to start all over.(his parents had gone to a motel to sleep!!) It is not heartless. It is the loving thing to do. If you cannot do it, have your parents come. She has "learned " to wake at night and she can unlearn it.

Believe it or not I remeber doing this to my parents at about 3 yrs. My brother has just been born and I got up around midnight for Warm milk stilling in the highchair just so witha particular blanket over my lap. Since there was a new baby in the house, my daddy got up with me. He could not place the blanket to suit me and ended up telling me "enough of this foolishness, you are going back to bed" That was my last night up. So help me I remember it!! You do not want to be up with a child until she is 3 yrs old!!

Love,Kitty

kitty said...

The sleep solution is to let her cry it out. Sorry but it works. Kitty

Tanya said...

Sending some love!

Ondrea said...

sorry!!
I can see if our friend Becky can help you. She seriously gave us the key to baby hypnosis with Ethan at around 4 months.