Friday, May 9, 2008

F A T T Y ! ! !

I know that one day Emma will have a complex because her mom gets so excited about how fat she is getting, but I swear one day I'll stop shoving food down her throat. As of today, at 8 weeks old, she is 5lbs 12oz!!! Way to go my girl!!
This week has gone very well so far. I mean she isn't sleeping through the night or anything, but I think we're all getting used to each other. One of my friends wrote a great post on her blog this morning about *playing grownups* when we were kids and it made me think that I used to love to pretend to be a mom when I was little (I guess I've been pretending to be a mom my entire life, just ask Suzie) and it still doesn't feel any different. It hasn't really sunk in that she is MINE (okay, she's Jamie's too) and that no one is going to take her away from me. It's wild... I have my very own baby. I am responsible for her for the rest of my life (I try not to think about that too much, because it's a little freaky). WILD.
Since people keep asking who we think she looks like:
Exhibit #1: Emma

Exhibit #2: Ivory

Any questions?

Grandpa got to have lunch with Emma today

Just hanging out in her chair


Emma FINALLY got to meet her BFF Meena, as you can see they love each other already. Meena was supposed to be 12 weeks older than Emma, but now she's only 12 days.


Me, Emma, Miriam and Meena


Bags o' Milk. Because who doesn't want to see that?


Daddy and Emma snoozing on the couch.


I can't believe I'm actually posting this photo, but Emma looks cute at least. Please remember this is very early in the morning.

4 comments:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

You are a crazy lady, that last picture is beautiful.

Tanya said...

I agree (as usual) with Drea! That last picture IS beautiful!

Ondrea said...

I was just coming to comment on the last picture as well - it is so beautiful. It captures such a perfect moment with you both. (and she so looks just like you!!)

Anonymous said...

I LUV that last picture ~ so precious, you should frame it, honestly ;) Congrats on your little fatty ~ she really is adorable! Of course, she really does look like you :)