Friday, November 9, 2007

Girls' Night Out :)

Last night, in honor of Jill's birthday, I went to dinner with Suzie, Drea and Jill at Brasserie Ten Ten in Boulder. I have so say I wasn't extremely impressed with the food. We started with the Grilled Calamari Salad with shaved fennel, piquillo peppers, oven roasted tomatoes, lemon, thyme and radicchio and it was very good. The calamari wasn't fried so it was very light and fresh. For an entree I had Almond Crusted Sea Bass served over caramelized fennel and rock shrimp with roma tomatoes in lobster carrot sauce. The sea bass was extremely over cooked and dry, though the rest of the flavors were very nice. For dessert we split their Lemon Tart with candied lemon wheel and bruleed whip cream and it was really good. And it was actually the first sweet thing I've had in weeks that didn't make me sick, yay!!
And most importantly I had a fabulous time with the ladies, it was JUST what I needed after a crappy day... thanks girls :)
Today I'm off to KC with Suzie and Mike to see Garth Brooks and the Broncos... woo hoo!!! Wish us happy house luck, it goes on the market today!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Yay! I was worried that the baby would seek revenge for that bite of lemon tart. Thanks for making the trek up to Boulder, it was fun to see you guys. Have a great weekend, enjoy Garth.

Anonymous said...

glad you guys had a nice dinner out!!! have a great weekend and enjoy garth!!!