Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mama

It's hard to imagine that 2 years ago I had no idea how my life was about to change. Everyone tells you that having a baby changes your life, but it's really impossible to understand until it happens. Last year I was in a hard spot on Emma's birthday, as the day brings some hard memories. I won't lie and tell you that I don't feel those same things still, that I don't lie awake at night and think about the day that she was born or wonder how things might have been different. But despite all that it becomes more evident to me every day why things happened the way they did. I would never wish our story on anyone. Having a preemie is hard and it's not the way anyone wants to experience the beginning of their child's life. However I would never change things. Being a mom of a preemie has inspired me to truly find my passion in life. It's reminded me to never take anything for granted because I know how fleeting life can be. I have met some wonderful friends because I'm a preemie parent.
Being a mother is far and away the most amazing experience. The love I have for Emma can't be explained in words. It's more than I ever thought it could be and I'm grateful every day for this experience. I'm grateful for Emma and the person she has helped me become.

1 comment:

Ania said...

Great post. I can imagine this day will always be hard for you - but it sounds like each year is getting a little better. Happy (pi day) birthday to Emma!