Friday, July 17, 2009

leaving, on a jet plane..

Monday Jamie and I are leaving on a jet plane... to the UK... WITHOUT our baby :( I'm not sure that words can properly express the level of extreme sadness this leaves me with. Emma is staying home with my parents and I know she's going to be in excellent hands, she loves my parents and they adore her (is adore the right word? maybe worship?). I just can't imagine not being able to kiss my sweet baby's neck, or tickle her tummy, or just see her weird gap toothed smile for NINE days. My heart breaks just thinking about it. I know it was the right decision to leave her, Jamie's brother is getting married and there is just so much going on that it would have been a total cluster with her there, and I know that it's going to be great for Jamie and I to have time as a couple again, but damn.
I am really going to miss my girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a long time--but enjoy yourselves!!!

Molly -n- Patrick said...

you'll do great. you'll miss the hell out of her - but you'll do great. have fun you deserve it!!

Rhonda said...

Have a GREAT time!! I can't wait to hear all about it!