Monday, June 15, 2009

15 months

I would love to tell you how wonderful I thought this new stage of life was, but I would be lying, big time. Holy hell this week has been a nightmare! It's like Emma woke up one morning and thought to herself "self, it's time to change my personality a little. mama has had it too easy and I need to throw her for a loop". Yeah, nice work Emma. She has become quite willful (yes mom, I know it's payback) and I wasn't quite ready for that (not that she hasn't always been like that, but usually she's sweet and willful). I'm hoping it's just her teeth, she has 2 coming in right now and if I can catch them on camera it will be a good laugh because they aren't next to each other and she's going to be a bit gap toothed for a while :)
She's doing better with her walking. She still has to hold onto something, but it doesn't have to be a piece of furniture, she can have a string or toy in her hand and be fine with it. She's taken about 6-8 consecutive steps and will now walk between pieces of furniture if it's only a couple steps instead of getting down to crawl. She hasn't really added any new words though I do think she's trying to communicate more and I feel like she's on the verge of a word explosion. The eating still sucks, in fact it's probably getting worse. Her favorite thing to do right now is carry things around like a purse. It doesn't matter what it is, if it has a handle it's a purse to her. We started swim lessons last week and despite how cold it was she really liked it. She loves to put her face in the water (a little too much for my comfort) and she's perfectly fine with being dunked. I won't be signing her up for the swim team quite yet, but it's a fun time :)



We took the kids to Little Monkey Biz the other day and they had a great time playing!

Emma loved climbing (please excuse the mullet, she's in a bad hair stage)


case in point, carrying the lantern around like it's a purse. or maybe she's pretending to be a night watchman?



Jamie and I in Chicago

Jamie taking some pictures.....


so freaking cute!

peek...

a boo!



Emma loves to push her little bike around. She also loves to ride on it, it's a guaranteed fun time no matter what her mood!

No comments: