Monday, December 15, 2008

9 months!!

Yesterday was Emma's 9 month birthday!! She had her appt on Friday and weighed in at a whopping 12lbs 13.5oz and was 25" tall. She's still not on the charts, but the doctor thinks she'll be on the height chart by 12 months and the weight chart by 15 months :) They do a developmental check at the 9 month appt and I had to fill out a questionnaire. The doc came in and told me "I was prepared to give you the talk about how Emma was a preemie and how we don't expect her to be able to do all the things that most 9 month olds can do and it's okay, but I guess that isn't the case with Emma, she aced the test!". Well of course she did ;) The only thing she couldn't do was get on all 4s in the crawling position, but she's working on it. She also got the go ahead to start dairy and meat so I picked some up at the store this weekend and she'll be introduced some new foods this week. She had yogurt for the first time last night, holy cow is full fat yogurt creamy!! She shouldn't have any problems packing the pounds on now!

Emma got this shirt when she was born and it finally fits! Thanks Molly!

Grandma and Grandpa came down last weekend to watch Emma while I got out of the house. Emma loved waking up from her naps to find them here!

Look Ma, I'm standing!!


Wills came over to play this week, it's really hard to get to babies to look at the camera at the same time (well not Emma, she knows what is up when the camera comes out). Wills does not look amused.



There was some wrestling that went on



We also decorated for Christmas!



The outside



And I finally have a mantle!! (you can also see the blue color we painted in the living room)



Here Emma is deciding if she wants to take after her mom or dad :)




Emma's very first barrette!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for continuing to share these pictures. I wish I could snatch Emma up and give her the business in person, but since I can't I love to gobble up all the pictures.

Tanya said...

She does know what is up when the camera comes out. She's a little ham...she'll be the star of her high school plays for sure. She is just the yummiest.

Jeff and Kerry said...

OMG, she is just so adorable!!! I'm so happy she aced the test, what a little overacheiver!