Monday, June 30, 2008

A week of firsts!

We had a big week! We spent our first night away from home. We went to Grandma and Grandpa's house and it was so much fun! In fact we might move in with them, they make life really easy for Mommy. They only give Emma up when she needs to eat and they cook for me ;)
We also wore our first cloth diaper... we're in the process of transitioning and we're so excited!! Okay, I'm excited and Jamie is a little freaked out, but I do the laundry ;)
Emma also met the *other* Emma, which was super exciting for all of us. For those who know, I used to nanny for Emma and I love her and her parents so much!
And last but not least, Emma met her first cousins! Jamie's sister Andrea, her husband Jeff and their children Madi, Jack and Dorothy came to stay with us and it was a lot of fun :)

First Grandpa made us dinner... fish tacos

Then Emma took a bath



and got dried off

Then she snuggled with Grandpa and Grandma




And passed out at the end of a hard day :)


The *original* Emma, Emma 2.0 and me


This is how we've been spending our days lately, at the pool ;)

Check out this cute diaper!!

It gives her a bit of a FUP, but it's cute ;)

Jack, Madi and Emma


Before she woke up in the morning, SO cute :)

7 comments:

Jeff and Kerry said...

LMFAO at "FUP"!!! OMG, she's just so cute! And hey, let me know when I can come over for some fish tacos - YUM!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cloth diapers? WOW, you really do take after Mom and Dad! Does Jamie mind that your a crazy hippy?

Tanya said...

So adorable! I love the "Fup" picture....she looks like she's saying, "how do you like this outfit?" You might be in for some trouble there...once she gets old enough to dress herself it will take her forever to finally pick out an outfit....sort of like, um, me. :) Miss you guys!

Sarah G said...

she is sooo cute! I love the little dresses! And, if the food is as good as it looks, I would stay at your parent's house too if I were you!!

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Ach what a great looking babe! She looks so strong.

Schwabby said...

I just had to leave a comment. I googled myself and came up with your blog. My name is Lisa Schwaberow, I am a Schwaberow by marriage. I wanted to say hi. Your daughter is so cute! What a blessing. My website is www.adotco.com.

Schwabby said...

oh one more thing....my nephew was born at 1.5 pounds almost 4 months early. I understand completely how precious your little one is. He is in the third grade now, and is smart as can be. He is teaching me things about programming. He reads books on programming for the fun of it! These little ones are so very special!