Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Yummy Dinner!!!

I just made a super yummy dinner using the random ingredients in my fridge and had to share. Now I know that there are some of you that don't like peas in their pasta, but believe me, it was good!
Jamie called on his way home from work to tell me that he was bringing home some smoked salmon. I checked the fridge and had cream (naughty, naughty girl), dill and a lemon so I figured I could whip something up.
I started with a roux and added about a cup of cream (I know, but you could use milk) and 1/2 cup of chicken broth (all I had open) and simmered that with one smashed garlic clove. When that thickened I added about a cup of peas, a handful of chopped dill, the juice and zest from half a lemon and about 1/3 lb of smoked salmon, flaked. Done. Seriously, that was it. And it was SO good. I normally don't rave about my own meals, but this one was fantastic. Especially since I just threw it together. It's too bad I don't have a picture, but I was starving ;)

No comments: