Wednesday, October 24, 2007

So Jamie is gone...

and my midwife has *ordered* me to stay off my feet, so I now spend my nights on the couch reading and watching TV. I don't have a lot of human contact in the evening, so I figure I'll use my handy blog to feel like I'm communicating with someone :)
Last night I went to the grocery store... woo hoo!! It's kind of a hard trip for me these days because food isn't really my BFF anymore. I eat, because I know I have to, but I don't *crave* food, which really is quite sad. So my trips to the store consist of me wandering aimlessly around the store trying to find SOMETHING that sounds good to me. Last night it was celery, yogurt smoothies, goldfish, cottage cheese (I made myself, but it doesn't actually appeal to me), sour cream, bread and some Clif bars. Not very exciting, but I tried to stay healthy. I took a picture of how pathetic my cart looked, but I don't have my download cord with me. The other annoying thing about food is that I need to eat every hour or two and I don't like to eat the same thing over and over again... so now I'm forced to eat 8-12 different things over the course of the day and that gets really old. If I could sit at home all day and cook, I could handle it, but work makes it hard :)
I started reading a new book last night by one of my favorite authors; North River by Pete Hamill, so far it's pretty good, but I HIGHLY recommend his books Forever and Snow in August. They are both phenomenal books and Hamill is an amazing author.
And lastly GO ROCKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's show those Sox that we aren't just a nobody team from a podunk town!!

6 comments:

eric & sarah said...

you are kinda making me wish I was pregnant... I crave food all the time and someone telling me to sit on the couch and watch TV sounds delightful! :) But then there would be a kid to deal with so I will pass... at least there is good TV tonight and tomorrow with the WORLD SERIES!! Go Rox! Beat Sox.

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

If you need some company let me know and I'll come bug you and we can watch some baseball. Go Rockies!

Steph and Tim said...

you are so funny! Food probably won't be your friend for a while, but I will be hoping that you can at least keep it down :)

Laura S said...

This too shall pass (feeling very poetic). You will eventually get your appetite back. I promise. This part sucks.

The Yancey Family said...

You'll get your appetite back, dont worry. Once it comes back you can go crazy (on healthy food, of course). You'll need to stock up! Sucks to be sitting around. If it were me, I would not have listened to my midwife and would probably have kept searching for a midwife to tell me that I'm supposed to exercise everyday and eat only chocolate and quit my job, doctor's orders.

Anonymous said...

Oh - love the new background! Very pretty!

I'm sorry to hear that you were ordered off your feet - that has to be hard! Let me know and I will bring over a stack of books for you :-)